Sunday, December 9, 2007

Here I am

This is my first blog - my first real blog. I tried doing just one post on My Space, but it didn't feel right. This feels better. I love to read other people's blogs, so I wanted to try it for myself.

This has been a day of getting ready for Christmas. My husband, Larry,and I boxed up lots of presents that are going from Nebraksa to the east coast - mostly Maine. Two boxes are going to Connecticut where my daughter and her husband live. I love Christmas, but sometimes it gets stressful.....don't have to tell anyone that.

Last night we went to a worship service called "Light for the Journey". About twenty of us gathered to worship together and pray for a more inclusive church (United Methodist). One person shared the story of his gay brother and the spiritual journey they both have been on - the gay brother making his way in the world and his sibling watching, caring and learning to be more open himself. In this time of Advent waiting and watching for the light of the birth of Jesus and change can give us all hope.

1 comment:

KristaBeth said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I see you have your picture up! I'll be looking for more posts.