Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Wondering

Lately I have been wondering why I feel I always have to mention to people that I am from Maine. And, when I created this blog why I immediately wanted to associate it with Maine. When people ask me if I miss Maine, I say no, but I would if I could never go back. I am lucky that I can travel and I can go back to Maine at least once a year.



I guess, even though I am happy here in Nebraska and I love the opportunities that I have to travel and live in another part of the country - my roots are deep and I want to keep that connection to Maine. For a while I think I was glad to not be in Maine, but now that time is healing things I want to honor my love and commitment to Maine.



As I have come to realize, there is beauty in every state. I love Nebraska the wide open prairie and the sky that goes on forever. And I love Maine for the trees, the big lakes and the ocean. I am also lucky to have many people back in Maine that mean so much to me and to have a second home with wonderful people here in Nebraska. I guess this is one Maine pine that likes it on the prairie.

1 comment:

feminist_mom said...

we love having you on the prairie as one of our new sisters.... and yet we also want to go see your maine too.... i have never had a friend from maine before.. i had a niece who lived in portland but she is not there any more.. and i love your stories from maine so go Maine and Go NE and go North and south dakota!! peace, maureen