Thursday, February 14, 2008

Harrie to Fred - Valentine's Day

I received a Valentine from my daughter, Sweet Spirit, yesterday. It was a wonderful "Mom" Valentine and it made me feel loved. On the inside cover she had pasted a very special Valentine poem - from my Mom, Harriet, to my Dad, Fred.

When my Mom died she left all her writings to Sweet Spirit. They had a unique bond that included their love of writing. When Sweet Spirit was a very little girl she would dictate stories to her Gram, which Gram would carefully write down. SS is slowly going through her Gram's writings - it was too hard at first, but now the time seems right.

This is the poem:
Valentine Day 1977 to F.L.N. (my Dad)

Walking through
The winds of change,
Learning, sharing,
As we do,
The glowing sun,
The pounding rain,
Make all our years
Seem so few.

They had five more years together and were married for 45 years. My Dad died in 1982 and Mom in 2004.

Sweet Spirit shared one of Harrie's poems on her blog too - http://AdventuresofMinLib.blogspot.com

No comments: