Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sheetrock

I haven't been sleeping very well lately. We are having a sun room added onto our home. This is special for us, since we have only been married four years and I moved into Loving H's home, we are slowling making "his" home into "our" home. The workmen come early in the morning and it has been hard getting up early (and dressed) each day. I seem to worry in my sleep that I will not be up and ready - hence, it is interfering with my rest time...

Dan and Nate are our main worker fellows and they coordinate the sub-contractors. Loving H works nights, so when he comes home in the early morning hours he unlocks all the doors so the workers will have access. There is a lock box on our front door knob with our keys locked inside, so if we are not home Dan and Nate can get into the box and unlock our doors. One morning we did unlock the back door, but forgot the front door and the garage door (where they have their tools stored), so as we were lying in bed we heard Dan quietly unlock our door and creep across the floor to get to the garage door.

Yesterday Dan told us the men who were to put up the sheetrock would be coming today. This is an exciting step - getting the inside walls up. I have tried very hard to be up and dressed by the time the men arrive each day - never knowing if they will be there or not. This morning Loving H got home his usual time and I was (for once) dead to the world when the doorbell ding donged, not our regular guys, but the sheetrock guys. Oh my goodness - it was 7:30 and there they were - seeing me with hair standing all on end and me in my fleece jammies. It was a humbling experience, but the walls are looking great.

4 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

I don't know how you found my blog, but welcome! Thanks for your nice comment.

KGMom said...

Nothing like workmen (or a delivery man) coming to the front door while one is (ahem) not quite ready for the world. I've had that experience once or twice myself.
When such a person stares at me--I stare right back as if to say, "Are you looking at me?"

Unknown said...

Are fleece jammies comfortable?

NE/ME said...

Very!